Tati's Journey

This is Tatiana's journey

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Petition Granted!!!!

Yes, it is offical...Tatiana has parents. Caleb and Jared have a new sister. Kevin and I have a new daughter. Our court appointment went very well and there were no points of contention. We took the faciltators, the guardianship director and the orphanage director out to dinner after the court hearing and celebrated. Today we are feeling a huge relief and joy. We have phoned Caleb and Jared to share the good news and they both spoke to Tatiana on the phone...they are wonderful boys. I should say that I am missing them terribly...it is hard to be away. We are counting the days until we return. Kevin will be leaving Irkutsk on August 9! It is a beautiful day here in Irkutsk and we will most likely go to a cafe for cake to celebrate with the Ramseys! Again, we love reading your comments and e-mails. Thanks for sending them our way. We are thinking of all of you who have supported us on this journey and are thankful for you...we hope that you will celebrate with us today the wonderful news that Tatiana is now officially part o our family! --Melanie

7 Comments:

At August 6, 2004 at 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so thrilled for all of you as you welcome another daughter into your family! And praise God that every aspect of the court hearing went well. So happy that you have celebrated - there's much to rejoice in:) (and the end of a long journey in sight). We will continue to pray for you as Kevin travels back soon, and as Tati and Melanie finish out their time there. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Lucinda

 
At August 6, 2004 at 9:04 AM, Blogger Mary said...

WOO HOO! I am doing a little dance of joy down here in Central Illinois. I am relieved and thrilled for you!! I hope and pray that the rest of your time goes well, and that your return trips are smooth.

Love to you all!
Mary

 
At August 6, 2004 at 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What blessed news! Congratulations. We can't wait to rejoice with you in person. We continue to think about you and pray for you all.

- Aric

 
At August 6, 2004 at 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys! It is quite a relief that things are finally working out. Tell tatiana that I say hi, and I can't wait to meet her. Things are going well here, although I think jared needs a little more practice on his bike before he starts his daredevil career :)

- josh

 
At August 6, 2004 at 10:37 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

I am so excited that your court hearing went well!!!
I remember so well that this was the best part of the journey! Being a family and all the tense feelings being gone and just being able to enjoy our new daughter!!! Enjoy this time of being alone with her and looking foward to you being home to hear about your trip!! If you can let us know when you are coming in from the airport. I love coming to these and would love to try to make yours!!

Brenda Y

 
At August 6, 2004 at 11:21 AM, Blogger kristin said...

what a wonderful time for you guys. I am so happy and over joyed. There are not words to tell how great this is. The boys said they got to talk to Tati they were excited. Enjoy the rest of you wait, with no more worries. Kristin

 
At August 6, 2004 at 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wonderful and joyous news! We are so excited for you and your family!! We can't wait to meet Tatiana and see you. I can't believe that this part of the journey is finally over. Can you only imagine what is now to come? Take care. Corina PS. Please don't worry about Emma. She is doing well. Her leg is feeling so much better that she wants to play (I don't think she is getting why we won't throw the ball to her anymore...but she still trys.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home