Tati's Journey

This is Tatiana's journey

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Yesterday Olga, one of our translators came over to talk with Tatiana and I. I was able to hear some of Tatiana's thoughts and to let her know some of the things that will be happening over the next few weeks. Here are some of the things I learned...Tatiana likes the color blue, she likes all of the food I have been feeding her and especially likes eggs and bread with butter. She does not like when I have her rest during the day....that one I already knew!! Tatiana is confused about where her Papa is...she wants to know if he is sick...of course we explained to her where he is. Tatiana also told me that she was sad and mad that Papa and I took a long time to come back and get her. She was waiting for us to come. Again, we explained to her that we wanted to come and get her but we did not have a choice. She also told me about the orphanage and about some of her friends there.

Though it was wonderful to be able to "hear" some of Tatiana's thoughts , my heart ached when I heard some of the things she had to say. I wish so much for her that she was with a family from the day she was born, that her Mama had rocked her to sleep and played with her. I was so hoping that she was not missing us while we were between our first trip and second trip...I will tell her many times over her life how her Papa and I wanted to come and bring her home and how happy we are to finally have her with us.---Melanie

2 Comments:

At August 19, 2004 at 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie,

It is amazing how much Tati understands about what is happening. Sometimes it is hard to know how much small children really understand when you both speak the same language let alone different languages! How wonderful for her though now that she now has you, Kevin and her brothers! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Hannah has been asking all sorts of questions and can't wait to see Caleb and Jared as well as meet Tati. Take care and we will see you soon!

Laura

 
At August 19, 2004 at 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you please quit making me cry so much? :) The time is winding down! Does it seem like that to you? Take care. Corina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home