Tati's Journey

This is Tatiana's journey

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Both Tatiana and I are experiencing a language explosion of sorts. It seems that every day I am learning on new Russian word...and Tatiana is learning perhaps three or four new words a day. She loves to say "up, please" to be lifted up to the metal bar at the playground and swing. She also learned "no" and "bye bye" yesterday...she says " I love you" , Hello Caleb" Hello Jared" (all with a heavy russian accent). The list of her vocabulary is already long and I look forward to our improved communication everyday! She is a bright girl and learns qickly ...she will do well with the adjustment to language over the next year. By the way, she loves Cheerios.. I brought a box from home as they are not available here. I have been bringing a little bag of them with us to the internet cafe and they keep her happy while I type out my message ( it is a huge help) . I am so glad that Kevin is home with Jared and Caleb and that they are able to sleep in their own beds again and snuggle up to their Dad! It is a comfort to me to know that they are all together and doing well. I miss them so. ---Melanie

1 Comments:

At August 13, 2004 at 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Melanie and Tatiana!!

Marie and I went to your home yesterday to look at the pictures and videos that Kevin brought back with him - what a treat for us! Your daughter is so beautiful, and we simply cannot get over how blue her eyes are. Just like her mommy:) We watched the first video of when you picked up Tati from the baby home, and visited with her caretakers. That must have been difficult to take her from all that - but exciting too as you all look forward to a life of blessings and happiness ahead. We are very much looking forward to the 25th so we can meet your little one in person!
Glad to hear that the language barrierr is slowly breaking down. She sounds like a quick learner! What fun you'll have this year teaching her so much new stuff.
Much love,
Lucinda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home