Tati's Journey

This is Tatiana's journey

Friday, August 13, 2004

We had another nice day yesterday . This time we explored a different part of the city and had cake and coffee at a very nice cafe. Today we will go to get Tatiana's photo taken for her passport...a sign that we will soon be preparing to leave Irkutsk! Tomorrow we will travel to Lake Baikal...where the ice only melts in May according to our facilitator. We will drive an our and a half to the lake and then see the lake and have lunch. I most likely will not get a chance to post tomorrow. I am so thankful for the internet access that we have. It is a wonderful to see the words of encouragement from friends and family...thank you for staying in touch with me while I am so far from home and for sharing in Tatiana's journey home with us---Melanie

4 Comments:

At August 14, 2004 at 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie,

This is so wonderful... to be able to have a glimpse into your time there from so far away... and to begin to get to know Tatiana. I can't believe she is already able to communicate with you. That is amazing. Every time I read about you and her, I get more and more excited to see you both. Lucinda and I watched the video and saw pictures. They were wonderful. But, it really made me miss you and long to meet Tatiana in person. Soon! :)

love,
Marie

 
At August 14, 2004 at 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mel and Tati,
Just a note to tell how thrilled we were to see you and Tatiana on thje video last night. it's obvious to see that she already loves you an d trusts you. She is a beautiful little girl and we already love her and can't wait to meet her. Kevin and the boys were over last night for pizza and to show us the video. They're getting along fine but it's also obvious that they be real glad when you get home. We're all pumped for the 25th. see you then . Give Tati a kiss and a hug for us, and all our love. Pake and Beppe.

 
At August 14, 2004 at 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie and Tatiana~
It's been so great to be able to read about how your days are going. My family is praying for you constantly, and it is wonderful to hear that our prayers are being answered and that everything is going well. I spent some time with the boys last week and was reminded of just how special they are and what a wonderful family Tati has become a part of. We miss you here, and can't wait to meet Tatiana.
God is so faithful!
Love you both,
Renee

 
At August 16, 2004 at 11:40 AM, Blogger kristin said...

Hello- Mel and Tati- we saw the video on fri and it brought tears to my eyes to see you all togather. It is so special. Tati is going to fit in with all of you and us very nicely she seems to be doing very well with you. And hereing her talk was so exciting. I can not wait to meet her and enjoy her with you Kevin and the boys. Be safe - love kristin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home