Tati's Journey

This is Tatiana's journey

Friday, August 06, 2004

Savoring the Moments

We celebratd Tatiana's adoption yesterday by going to a cafe and having cake. I ordered a piece for Tatiana and I to share...she had a different plan. She loved the cake and ate a very large portion of it...Momma had a few bites. I guess she is making up for all of the times she did not get to have cake...three birthdays, special occasions, and holidays! We also explored more of the city and I have taken many photos of Irkutsk. I hope that I can reflect the beauty of the city and people in my photos. It may be a long time before Tatiana returns and I would like her to see how beautiful the country she was born in is. We also pruchased two small paintings from a street artist for Tatiana and our family to enjoy. One is a winter scene...the winter is definately a thing of beauty in Siberia. The other painting is of some of the rustic homes here. We will hang them in a special place in our home so that you too can see them when you come to visit. Overall we are trying to take in the sights and the experience of being here in Irkutsk with Tatiana. And we are savoring every moment.---Melanie

3 Comments:

At August 6, 2004 at 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so thrilled for your family. What a joy to have Tatiana in our family! Hope the rest of your visit is wonderful. We look forward to your safe return and to meet Tatiana! Michelle talked with the boys the other night and they are thrilled to have Tatiana as their sister! We are really excited to get you all home safely.
Love and God Bless you all
Tom, Michelle, Mackenzie,
Evan and Hayden

 
At August 7, 2004 at 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We wish you all the best as you welcome your beautiful new daughter to the Hogeterp family! We are so happy for all of you.
Mike, Tina, Michael, and Jennifer Burke

 
At August 7, 2004 at 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy that Tatiana is officially part of your family and look forward to getting to know her in the coming years. We hope the rest of your visit is smooth and hope you have a safe journey back.

The Gunninks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home